Welcome to Artful Journey

By the way ... the beautiful lady in my blog heading is my grandmother - I think she makes a perfect fairy!


email: artful.journey@yahoo.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Memory Art

You know how we all have tons of family photos and they are scattered all over the place ... in boxes, in drawers, in ... who know's where? I've been doing a lot of family photo collages where several photos can be showcased.  The images are either extracted from their original photos or kept as original and then framed.  These pieces are in a 12"x12" format (a large scrapbooking page).  Here are a few that I've done:

This is my son as he has grown up ...


A friend of mine wanted a piece to give to her nieces and nephews using several old family photos, but she didn't want a lot of embellishments.  This is what we came up with:


This is a piece again using old family photos:


This type of memory art is a great visual representation of your family memories from the past or present.

No comments:

Post a Comment